The organizers of the College Literary Award have announced that the 2019 edition will go ahead without Amazon, whose sponsorship had raised an uproar in the literary world of Quebec.
It is now the Marc Bourgie Foundation that will support the literary prize, according to the press release sent by the co-founder of the award, Claude Bourgie Bovet.
November 14, the prize was suspended due to a controversial sponsorship by Amazon. Many voices of the literary community were indignant that the giant of the online commerce is partner. It was during the announcement of the finalists, a few days ago, that this partnership was unveiled.
The College Literary Award rewards an original, original, original work written in French and carries a $ 5,000 scholarship. The prize will be awarded in April 2019.
- Creatures of chance, by Lula Carballo (The August Horse)
- Cities of paper, by Dominique Fortier (Alto)
- Of synthesis, from Karoline Georges (Alto)
- Quarrel of Roberval, by Kevin Lambert (Heliotrope)
- What we breathe on Tatouine, by Jean-Christophe Réhel (Del Busso)